Postdoctoral Scholar at University of San Diego: (Deadline 31 March 2021)
Postdoctoral Scholar position available at the University of San Diego in the United States of America. This position is for a Postdoctoral Scholar position. Applicants will broadly work on algorithmic fairness in healthcare under the supervision of Prof. Berk Ustun at UCSD and Prof. Flavio Calmon at Harvard SEAS. There is the flexibility to work on theory or method development related to topics like fairness in personalization, the use of protected attributes.
This is a joint postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard and UCSD with a lot of flexibility. You may choose to reside in Boston or San Diego, or split your time between the cities (e.g., spend the academic year in San Diego and the summers in Boston). The earliest start date is September 2021, though a later start is fine. The position is funded for two years, with a potential extension for a third year.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Bioinformatics (or a related discipline) or be confident of its completion by the time of the start of this position.
- Preferred to have experience in machine learning, an interest in algorithmic fairness, and expertise in at least one of the following areas: optimization, statistics, causal inference, and information theory.
- Prior experience in healthcare is preferred, as is an ability to code in Python. Candidate with a commitment to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in an academic setting preferred.
While applying for this Postdoctoral Scholar position at University of San Diego, applicants must submit the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Copies of Minimum of 2 Publications
- Reference requirements: 3-5 letters of reference required