Nations Academic Impact/MCN Millennium Fellowship Class of 2021: (Deadline Ongoing)
Applications are open for the United Nations Academic Impact/MCN Millennium Fellowship Class of 2021. The Millennium Fellowship is a semester-long leadership development program that happens on your campus. The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are here to elevate your leadership.
The Millennium Fellowship convenes, challenges, and celebrates student leadership for UN goals on campuses worldwide.
- Convene: As part of a cohort of 8-20+ Millennium Fellows on your campus, convene to learn from and challenge each other. Millennium Fellows convene at least 8 times during the program.
- Challenge: Develop a plan of action for your sessions together. Meet to exchange best practices. And you could think bigger: organizing a campus-wide sustainability initiative or more.
- Celebrate: When your Fellowship Campus meets the goals you made for yourselves and completed the Fellowship graduation requirements, you will earn a certificate of recognition from United Nations Academic Impact and Millennium Campus Network.
- You must be at least 18 years old, an undergraduate enrolled in a college or university, and in good standing at that academic institution for the duration of the program.
- You make a commitment to convene in-person least eight times during the Millennium Fellowship (for 2020 the program will run August-December) with your Campus Directors and other Fellows on your campus to share best practices and take collective action.
- Students have to meet on-campus, in-person for the Fellowship sessions. If you miss sessions, this is grounds for expulsion and the forfeiture of your designation as a Millennium Fellow.
All Millennium Fellows must complete the following requirements in order to successfully complete the fellowship:
- Attendance of 6 Fellowship sessions and 3 virtual events.
- Submission of a 2-3 minute video tour of your current Project in October.
- Completion of Program Entrance and Program Exit Evaluation.
- Completion of Project Report for your Millennium Fellowship project and Self-Reflection.
- Campus Directors will additionally be required to participate in 4 hours of training, meet with their Co-Director and arrange one-to-one meetings (~15 minutes each) with the Fellows at their Campus Hub prior to the Fellowship launch. They also submit proof of their Campus Hub Sessions and commit to regular communication with Team MCN (minimum once every month).
The program will take place on selected campuses worldwide from August 2021 to December 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and eligible students will proceed to the second and final round of the application.