Wellcome International Intermediate Fellowships 2021: (Deadline 29 June 2021)
Applications are open for Wellcome International Intermediate Fellowships 2021. This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to lead their own research programmes.
Funding usually up to £400,000 to £800,000 are available for salary and research expenses.
In order to apply for a Wellcome International Master’s Fellowships, candidates must
- Be a national of a low- or middle-income country
- Have proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
Candidates should be driving their own research and be ready to lead an independent research program. Candidates can apply if they
- A Ph.D. or a clinically qualified doctor (and qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or clinically qualified psychologist.
- Significant research experience.
- Made important contributions to your area of research eg publications, patents, software development, or an impact on health policy or practice.
The research proposal should be within the science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country. While considering the application, Wellcome will look at the
- Research contributions
- Scientific merit of your proposed project
- Significance of the research
- Feasibility of your proposal
- Suitability of your sponsor and host environment for both your research and for the development of your independent career.
By the end of Wellcome International Intermediate Fellowships, candidates should
- Have achieved international standing in your area of research
- Be leading your own research programme
- Have the skills and experience to apply for senior level fellowships or permanent positions at a research organisation.