Scholarship in Italy for all international student :Funded Post-graduate Diploma Program in Italy (Deadline: 29 February 2020)
The applications for the Post-Graduate Diploma Program for 2020-2021 have opened. International Centre for Theoretical Physics(ICTP) offers a post-graduate diploma program that prepares promising students for Ph.D. studies.
The pre-PhD program is of one year and consists of two semesters of basic and advanced courses given by experts in the following fields:
- High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (HECAP)
- as well as Condensed Matter Physics (CMP)
- Earth System Physics (ESP)
- Mathematics (MTH)
- also Quantitative Life Sciences (QLS)
The program is open for young qualified graduates in physics, mathematics or related fields.
The selection criteria for the Post-graduate Diploma Program
- The selection of the candidates is based on their university performance as well as on academic recommendations
- Additionally, the selection committee aims to select the best academically qualified candidates while striving for gender balance and geographical distribution.
- The ICTP awards limited number of scholarships (around 10 per field) to successful candidates from developing countries
- It particularly emphasizes students from the least developed regions of the world
- It covers travel and living expenses during their stay at ICTP.
About the program
The Postgraduate Diploma Programme started in 1991, and since then, many of its graduates have gone on to do PhDs at various prestigious universities, including in Europe and North America. Many of them, after a few postdoctoral stints abroad, have returned to their home countries, where they are actively involved in teaching and in developing advanced research groups there whereas others have pursued scientific careers in leading scientific institutions worldwide. Also, many former students continue to maintain an active collaboration with ICTP throughout their careers.