Call for Application : Calling for nominations for the 2020 UN Public Service Awards! Deadline :27 November 2019
Do you know of any innovative public-service initiatives that contribute to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Then nominate them for the 2020 United Nations Public Service Awards (UNPSA)!
The annual programme is now open for applications [here] and UN DESA is calling for nominations. The award aims to promote and recognize transformative initiatives that fosters creativity and innovation in public services. It is open to all public organizations, including local, regional and national governments, and public institutions engaged in public-private partnerships for making people’s lives better. Nominations are accepted in all six UN official languages.
This year’s awards will recognize the achievements and contributions of public services in the following five categories:
- Delivering inclusive and equitable services for all;
- Promoting integrated mechanisms for sustainable development;
- Developing transparent and accountable public institutions;
- Promoting digital transformation in public-sector institutions; and
- Promoting gender responsive public services to achieve the SDGs.
Apply online by 27 November 2019. The submission rules and guidelines are available here in all six official languages.