Get Professional Certificate on Python Programming: (Deadline Ongoing)
Get Professional Certificate on Python Programming
“Introduction to Computing in Python” is a series of courses built from Georgia Tech’s online for-credit version of CS1301: Introduction to Computing. The series is designed to take you from no computer science background whatsoever to proficiency in the basics of computing and programming, specifically in the popular programming language Python. Rated as one of the most in-demand and beginner-friendly programming languages, Python training will give you a solid foundation not only for Python code but for further studies in computer science.
The syllabus and course material has been used at Georgia Tech for its for-credit CS1301 class for over a year. Over 400 students on campus have completed this version of the course, and our analysis shows that they exit the course with the same learning outcomes as students taking the traditional on-campus version. This Professional Certificate uses the same instructional material and assessments as learning Python on campus, giving you a Georgia Tech-caliber introduction into the field of computing at your own pace.
What you will learn
- The fundamental design cycle of computer science and computer programming: writing code, executing it, interpreting the results, and revising the code syntax based on the outcomes.
- Usage of the fundamental atoms of programming: variables, mathematical operators, logical operators, and boolean arithmetic.
- Control structures for developing dynamic programs, including Python libraries: conditionals, loops, functions, and error handling.
- The core data structures for creating useful programs: strings, lists, dictionaries, and file manipulation.
- Previews of the next big topics in computer science: object-oriented programming skills, and computer algorithms.