PhD Studies in BELGIUM : Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Program At KU Leuven Catholic University, Deadline : 15 January 2020
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREDOCTORAL OR DOCTORAL PROGRAMMES
- there is no general application deadline
- it is possible, however, that an individual promotor (supervisor) or project does have deadlines
- Make sure to read the detailed selection procedure and admission requirements that are described in the programme guide and on the website of the Doctoral School.
- You must have contacted your future promotor (supervisor) before submitting the application!
- If you wish to apply for a vacancy, you must apply through the Jobsite of KU Leuven first. Only when the position is offered to you, you need to follow the application procedure on this website.
- EEA citizens with a Master degree from a Flemish University need to request for admission directly to the Faculty Doctoral Committee.
- For technical problems and/or questions about the application procedure, please contact the Admissions Office. See also our FAQ page.
- We advise you to use your desktop, laptop or tablet computer and not your smartphone when completing your application.
To start your application at KU Leuven, login to the web app and complete your personal data (personal data, addresses, curriculum and languages). Fields marked with * are obligatory. After saving your data, return to the main page (‘<‘ button on top of the page) and check the completeness of each section.
Add an application by clicking the ‘+’ button in the Applications section on the main page of the web app
- Choose the academic year
- Choose the type of programme
- Choose your specific programme by using the search tool
- Complete any additional information that is requested
- Save the data
You have to complete your application(s) by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button, which you will find on the right side of your screen in the “Applications” section
After saving your application, you must upload all required documents as attachments in the ‘Attachments’ tab.
The requested documents depend on the status and programme you applied for.
Attach each relevant document by selecting the attachment type and upload the file in PDF format by pressing the ‘+’ button on the right.
For specific questions, see our FAQ page.
You do not have to pay the application fee.
Submit your online application.
- The submit button will only be activated after accepting the disclaimer.
- If one or more of the core documents are missing you will receive an error message. Please upload the requested documents before resubmitting your application.
- If your application meets the minimum requirements for completeness, a snapshot of your personal data will be sent to our admissions-database. If you wish to update your personal data after submitting your application, please contact our Admissions Office. These changes will not be forwarded automatically.
After you have successfully submitted your online application, you can follow up the status of your application in the web app.
The approval process consists of several steps and takes some time, roughly four to eight weeks. During this period the following statuses may appear in the overview of the application(s) you submitted:
- Submitted (application will be checked for completeness)
- Application complete (evaluation in process)
- The Admissions Office will contact you by email and inform you which document(s) is/are missing.
Kindly refrain from contacting our Admissions Office about the progress of your application. If anything is lacking in your file, we will certainly contact you. If you do not hear from us in the meantime, that means your file is in order.
ACCEPTING THE ADMISSION OFFER
As soon as a decision has been taken concerning your application, the status will change into ‘Do you accept the offer?’ or ‘Application rejected’.
You will receive a confirmation of the decision via e-mail. When your application has been approved, you first need to accept the offer by using the web app (tab ‘Follow up’).
There is no deadline for accepting the admission offer.
Accepting the offer does not imply any kind of obligation (regarding payment, enrolment…), it just allows the administrative process to continue, resulting in the drafting of the admission letter.
A pre-registration is done automatically on your behalf with all your data when you accept the offer online. With your pre-registration saved, your actual registration or enrolment at the Registrar’s Office when you arrive in Leuven or in another campus outside Leuven can be completed in a much shorter time.