Postdoctoral Fellowship at Rutgers University in the United States: (Deadline Ongoing)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey calls application for a Postdoctoral Fellowship for the Department of Pharmacology, Physiology, and Neuroscience within the New Jersey Medical School.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI); the Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for conducting highly specialized and technical research. The individual will be primarily engaged in the design and synthesis of small molecule antibacterials. The position will also involve the analysis of evolving structure-activity relationships and potentially also the use of computational methods for compound design and biological approaches to determine the mechanism of action. The individual will also contribute his/her time towards writing manuscripts and review articles that directly result from his/her research. In addition, the individual will also help train graduate students and technicians.
Candidates on Postdoctoral Fellowship at Rutgers University will do the following duties
- Performs various research and technical operations relative to ongoing investigatory activities of a laboratory; may conduct independently or as assigned specialized research for a particular project.
- Participates in the development of performance standards, selection of methodology and instrumentation and coordination of the analytical and instrumentation functions with research areas to ensure conformance with the goals and objectives of the research program.
- Also, assists in the conducting of a continuous program of research and development regarding new procedures and instrumentation functions of the laboratory.
- As requested, assists in the implementation of the programs; and projects in special areas of interest to the overall research program of the laboratory.
- Performs highly skilled techniques in investigating the design of novel computational approaches to drug discovery.
- Participates in the synthesis of small molecular chemical tools or drug discovery entities.
- Similarly, participates in the study of small-molecule mechanism of action.
- Assists with the instructing and training of students, fellows, technicians, and laboratory assistants as required.
Ph.D. Degree in synthetic organic chemistry or relevant science.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, commonly referred to as Rutgers University, or RU, is an American public research university in New Jersey. Overall, it is the largest institution of higher education in New Jersey.