WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2020 for Women Entrepreneurs (Win a trip to New York during UN Global Goals week)
Applications for the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2020 for Women Entrepreneurs are now open. The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
The objectives of the challenge are:
- Honor innovative women entrepreneurs who are supporting and achieving the SDGs through sustainable business practices and inspiration for others to follow suit.
- Invest in the most inspiring and transformational women entrepreneurs – providing access to seed capital, unique trainings, capacity building, a network of their peers, visibility and credibility for their work.
- Ignite awareness among a global community of stakeholders of the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs can make in contributing to the SDGs and the obstacles they still face.
- Five awardees from around the world are selected to receive an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City, NY during the UN Global Goals week (September 18-27, 2020) to engage in high profile events with UN officials and to participate in a series of tailored trainings by leading and supporting partners.
To be eligible to enter this competition, applicants must meet all of the following criteria. Finalists will be required to provide evidence of sales (i.e. tax returns and/or audited financial records).
- Open to women entrepreneurs with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- Your business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- You employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- Your business/organization generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- You are proficient in spoken and written English
- You are at least 21 years old
- You are available to travel to NYC between September 18 – September 27, 2020.
Applicants will be assessed based on a variety of factors, including the following considerations.
- Ability to commit to the entire week of in-person program – no exceptions
- Willingness to help shape the community dialogue about women’s advancement and the SDG’s in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
- Must be able to secure a US visa.
Applicants with more than one business or organization, please complete the application regarding the business/organization THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO FOCUS ON during this Global Challenge opportunity, if you are selected to participate in the program.