Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor at Federation Handicap International Rwanda: (Deadline 10 October 2021)
Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor
If you have a taste for challenges, a real commitment to development, and a deep sensitivity towards vulnerable people in general and persons with disabilities in particular, then this recruitment notice is for you!
Fédération Handicap International, which implements its programs under its operational, branding name of “Humanity & Inclusion” (HI), is seeking a Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) activity in Rwanda.
The proposed project aims to improve maternal, infant, child, and adolescent nutrition, development, functional, and health outcomes. It will address child development gaps, specifically unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology (rehab/AT), and social inclusion needs for infants, children and adolescent, and adults with disabilities. The activity will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and district-level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adolescent with disabilities, in line with the Government of Rwanda (GoR) priorities.
The Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor reports to project Manager and will provide technical leadership in the development of physical rehabilitation, including assistive technology, and health system approaches.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENTS
The Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor will be entitled to performing the following activities:
- Support the development and strengthening of community-based rehabilitation services for mothers, infants, children, and adults
- Work at the district and national level to support policy, planning, budgeting, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of rehab/AT services
- Develop tools and training for frontline workers (facility and community based) to support children with disabilities and their families to participate in ECD/nutrition services
- With NCDA, inform development and rollout of adapted ECD tools/training for caregivers of children with disabilities.
- Coordinate with project staff to ensure the implementation of the Disability Inclusion and Rehab/AT Strategy
- Support with project reporting, ensuring that updates and progress on related indicators and successes are included in project reports and annual work plans.
- Work with and support Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability and Learning (MEAL) teams to support collection and use of disability disaggregated data
- Build capacity of project and partner staff in disability inclusion and Rehab/AT, in project activities.
- Represent disability inclusion and Rehab/AT aspects of the project to external stakeholders and participate in technical working groups.
Subject matter expert in the development of physical rehabilitation, including assistive technology, services and be knowledgeable about health system approaches with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience.
About our organisation:
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is a solidarity organization international committed to the rights of persons with disabilities, of people in a situation of vulnerability, and in general for human rights. Respect and the dignity of people concerned and beneficiaries of the actions and communities are at the heart of the staff and collaborators of HI, in all contexts of intervention.
Our code of conduct is a key element to the implementation of the institutional policies that set out the fundamental principles in the protection of our beneficiaries – especially the most vulnerable – against any form of abuse be of power, harassment, sexual exploitation, and abuse, by our own staff. These policies include, but are not limited to:
- Protection of Beneficiaries against Exploitation and Abuse Sexual
- Child Protection
- Fight against Fraud and Corruption.
All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with our code of conduct. Any violations of those policy will be treated seriously.
Terms and conditions of submission
The application file must include a letter of motivation addressed to the Country Manager of HI in Rwanda, accompanied by the coordinates of 3 professional references related to the position, certificates of services rendered, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and a copy of each diploma. Complete applications must be submitted no later than midnight on 10th October 2021 at 11:45; to the following addresses:
- « Humanity & Inclusion » KK15 Rd/KK10 Ave KICUKIRO IMELA HOUSE B.P. 747 Kigali-Rwanda
- Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org within-subject: Rehab-Advisor-HI-202109
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted to take the tests.
N.B: HI strongly encourages women candidates and persons with disabilities to apply.
(In accordance with the law into force, persons with disabilities will be given priority in the event of equal professional competence or the same mark at the end of the written tests and interviews)
Acting Country Manager
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.