Research Assistant at PIH – Partners In Health: (Deadline Ongoing)
Research Assistant job description
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Title: Research Assistant
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Location: Kigali with travel to UGHE’s campus in Butaro, Musanze and Butare
Role Purpose: The purpose of this short-term position is to support the implementation (data collection, data analysis, and other administrative activities) of the research project entitled “Emergency and Intensive Care Unit professionals’ experiences and perceptions on the provision of mechanical ventilation in three public hospitals in Rwanda”.
Timeframe: This project will require the research assistant to work no more than 30 hours per week and it will last for three months (May – August 2022) with a possibility of one month extension.
- Work with research team, and hospitals administration to organize the data collection venue.
- Conduct phone surveys and Focus Group Discussions (FGD), and ensure all discussions are audio-recorded.
- Manage, monitor, clean, and ensure quality of data obtained.
- Transcribe and translate data
- Conduct qualitative data analyses on the final dataset
- Attend weekly team meetings and provide timely progress updates.
- Perform other duties as assigned related to the research study.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant discipline (e.g., global health, health related studies…).
- Previous experience in “qualitative” data collection.
- Fluency in English and
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using qualitative data analysis software (e.g., Dedoose, NVivo, ATLAS, or similar)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize
- Able to work independently and successfully navigate complex situations in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to effectively liaise with hospital administration and study participants
- Competitive stipend
- Accommodation in field sites
- Travel reimbursement
UGHE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.