Research Associate (RA) at IPA Rwanda: (Deadline 20 May 2022)
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Research Associate, Rwanda
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Deadline to apply: 5 PM 20th May 2022, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Length of Commitment: 1-year renewable
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Reports to: Research Manager/Associate Research Manager
Application materials: All applicants must complete and submit their resume and cover letter to the address indicated below.
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has 10 active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health. With 15 full time staff, a network of part-time field numerators of over 300, IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects.
Project and position summary:
IPA seeks a Research Associate for new research projects in agriculture, governance and education
The Research Associate will act as the lead project manager and will oversee all aspects of the research study, including timeline, partner relationships, recruit field staff, and researchers’ relationships. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and enthusiastic about managing field research projects. The Research Associate will work closely with academic researchers, partners, and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks which may include but not limited to: overseeing other project staff, coordinating the research collaboration between investigators and partners, designing survey questionnaires, running pilot exercises, refining the study design and survey instruments, programming instruments, managing survey teams, checking and analyzing data, cleaning data and assisting in preliminary analysis, assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos, coordinating with local officials implementing the programs being evaluated, and supporting outreach to policymakers in country.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, statistics or related fields. Master’s degree preferred
- Experience conducting social science or economic field research in Rwanda. Background in randomized control trials is strongly preferred
- Experience supervising data collection and teams of field workers, designing surveys and implementing programs strongly preferred
- Experience with data management and econometrics. Strong quantitative skills and advanced knowledge of Stata strongly preferred
- Experience with ODK-based electronic data collection platforms. Knowledge of SurveyCTO a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations. Experience working with government officials also a plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse team and maintain high professional standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required
Interested applicants meeting the requirements should fill an online application form and attach their Cover Letter, CV and Degree(s) through the following link:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5 PM RWANDA TIME ON May 20th 2022. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.