Resettlement Assistant -Temporary Appointment at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR): (Deadline 11 October 2021)
This position is advertised open to external applicants.
PROCEDURES AND ELIGIBILITY
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
– Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
– Follow-up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure.
– Comply with UNHCR¿s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
– Assist in logistical arrangements of selection missions by resettlement countries.
– Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
– Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database.
– Occasionally, assist in carrying out preliminary interviews and initial assessments, to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
– Occasionally, provide counselling to persons of concern (PoC).
– Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
– Assist in maintaining accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
– Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
– Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
– Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
– Provide counselling to PoC.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
A Resettlement Assistant position is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office or Field Office. Under supervision, the incumbent’s primary role is to assist the supervisor in effective resettlement delivery of a given UNHCR Office in accordance with the UNHCR Resettlement Handbook, UNHCR Manual and relevant policy papers and publications. The incumbent provides important clerical and administrative support to resettlement operations and may occasionally take part in assessing cases for resettlement and conducting interviews. S/he maintains frequent contacts with the supervisor, relevant colleagues within the same Office to exchange information and discuss issues on resettlement cases. Some limited contacts and communication at a working level are required with Embassy / Immigration Officials of resettlement countries, IOM as well as with other operating partners regarding resettlement issues.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 11 October 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.