SCRIPTS 2021 Research Training Fellowships for International PhD Students: (Deadline 15 November 2021)
SCRIPTS launches its visiting program for international guest doctoral researchers, starting in the first trimester of 2022. The call is open from 15 September to 15 November 2021. PhD students who are enrolled in academic institutions in the Global South (Latin America, Asia, Africa and Oceania), especially from SCRIPTS partner universities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The SCRIPTS Research Training Fellowships are meant as a visiting fellowship and addressed to early career researchers. Interested applicants must already be enrolled in a PhD program from an academic institution in the Global South and their enrolment must be valid throughout the fellowship. Ideally, the fellowship at SCRIPTS should take place during the main part of the doctoral program, neither at the very beginning nor at the end of it. The aim of the training fellowship is to improve the theoretical and methodological capacities (methods courses and counselling) of the fellows. The program offers mentorship, a tailored course program and intellectual engagements with peers.
SCRIPTS is a Cluster of Excellence funded by the German Research Foundation – Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) over a time span of seven years. In addition to Freie Universität Berlin, the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, and the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB), five other Berlin-based research institutions are participating in SCRIPTS: the Centre for East European and International Studies, the German Institute for Economic Research, the German Institute of Global and Area Studies, the Hertie School, and the Leibniz-Zentrum Moderner Orient. Furth.
Aim and Benefits of SCRIPTS Research Training Fellowships
The duration of the fellowship is maximum 12 months, paid in monthly rates of €1500 (travel and relocation expenses included).
Requirements for SCRIPTS Research Training Fellowships Qualification
- Interested applicants must already be enrolled in a PhD program from an academic institution in the Global South and their enrolment must be valid throughout the fellowship.
- Ideally, the fellowship at SCRIPTS should take place during the main part of the doctoral program, neither at the very beginning nor at the end of it.
- SCRIPTS is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply.
- Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply.
Documents Required for Application
To apply, you must submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter explaining the fit with SCRIPTS
- 1-page explaining why SCRIPTS would be the optimal place to receive training, including a suggestion of how you would fit with the cluster’s agenda and who could mentor your project
- 1-page statement about what kind of training you need and how you intend to get it within SCRIPTS
- 3-page outline of your PhD thesis
November 15, 2021
How to Apply
Deadline for Applications: All applicants are required to apply until November 15, 2021. Successful candidates will be informed in mid-December 2022. Please submit your application sending all the required documents to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.