Short Term Accounting Assistant at Piran Rwanda Limited: (Deadline 9 December 2021)
SHORT TERM ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
Piran Rwanda Limited (“Piran”) is a mining company focused on the production and exploration of Tin, Tantalum, and Lithium in Rwanda. Piran was awarded the Musha-Ntunga mining concessions by the Government of Rwanda through a license N° 252/MINIRENA/2014, issued for a period of 25 years (Registration number: 102477271).
A short term accounting assistant is being sought to fulfill a task which is likely to take three to four months to complete
Reporting to Finance and Administration Manager, Accounting Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Ensure adherence to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Close coordination with operations and ensure implementation of financial controls.
- Bills creation, perform 3-way matching of invoices, approved purchase orders (PO), and delivery receipt.
- Perform reconciliation of outstanding payables to the suppliers.
Petty Cash Custodian
- Ensure that cash is available on site at all time.
- Daily recording of petty cash transactions in petty cash log (excel).
- Weekly reconciliation of petty cash transaction in Xero.
- Accountability on cash on site, ensure that there will be no cash shortage or overage.
- Ensure that all petty cash transactions are supported by approved and authorized voucher prior to payment and supported by receipts.
- Ensure complete and accurate records of purchases include approved Purchase Orders (PO), Invoices, Delivery Receipts (DR), and Electronic Billing Machines (EBM) receipts.
- Provide required documents to the external auditors during financial audits.
- Issuance of EBM for sales transactions of Piran.
- Review and clean-up of unbilled purchase orders.
- Serve as back-up for Supply Assistant.
- Ad hoc duties required from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field,
- Having experience in the field of Accounting or Finance will be an added value,
- Part-qualified or studying towards an accounting qualification (e.g. CPA or ACCA) will be an added value
HOW TO APPLY:
- Motivation letter addressed to; GM explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 3 referee names.
- Copies of degree certificates and other professional certificates
- Deadline of application is Thursday 9th December 2021 at 5 PM.
Only applicants fulfilling the aforementioned requirements will be contacted.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.