Social Behavior Change Integration Advisor/Program Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS): (Deadline 27 January 2022)
Job Title: Social Behavior Change Integration Advisor/Program Manager I
Department: Programming/Orora Wihaze Project
Reports To: Orora Wihaze Senior Nutrition Specialist with a dotted line to The Manoff Group’s Senior
Advisor for Social and Behavior Change)
Country/Location: Rwanda (Kigali)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Rwanda since 1961. CRS Rwanda’s key programing areas include agriculture, early childhood development, economic strengthening, justice and peace building. To achieve this, CRS collaborates with the government of Rwanda, donors, the Catholic church, private sector, and civil society organizations.
The USAID/Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity is a 5-year project led by Land O’Lakes Venture 37 to sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal source foods through development of a profitable market. CRS manages Objective 2 of the project, which is to increase demand for Animal Source Food (ASF) consumption for women of reproductive age and children ages 6 to 23 months, as well as the gender and social inclusion components across both supply and demand objectives.
The Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Integration Advisor will be responsible for providing guidance for the implementation of SBC activities and the communication program that supports SBC, to strengthen diverse program initiatives and help ensure the project achieves its results. The Advisor will work as part of Orora Wihaze’s core multi-disciplinary team. The Advisor will work closely with and have responsibility for keeping informed and following through on technical decisions made with CRS and The Manoff Group’s Senior Advisor for Social and Behavior Change, based in the United States. The management skills and knowledge of the SBC Integration Advisor will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of the Orora Wihaze project.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the SBC strategy and support implementation of related activities, in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Manage and implement all project activities as outlined in the Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Plan that supports the SBC strategy, in line with the National SBCC strategy, CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and gap-filling, as needed. In coordination with broader project capacity-building goals, develop and implement a capacity development plan to identify needs and, subsequently build and actively support the development of essential SBC competencies, skills, and processes across the program focusing primarily on non-communication actions required for social and behavior change. Over time, provide the necessary support to help ensure quality, strategic SBC work with diverse local actors and partners, including government.
- Report on a regular basis progression of SBC activities to The Manoff Group; liaise closely with relevant Government of Rwanda structures, including the National Early Childhood Development Program, the Ministry of Health, and Rwanda Biomedical Center, and other consortium partners to continuously provide feedback and learning for the project.
- Champion learning within the project consortium on SBC. Support the design and implementation of the rolling SBC assessments led by The Manoff Group.
- Support the inclusion of SBC factor and outcome indicators in Orora Wihaze activities and analyze and evaluate project performance data in the realm of SBC to judge progress and adapt programming, following Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) policies and procedures.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to Orora Wihaze, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
- Project management experience in SBC is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations at both national and decentralized levels, participatory action planning, and community engagement.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Anthropology, sociology, psychology, marketing, communication, or international public health/nutrition with a specialization in behavioral science
- Minimum 5 years of progressive, relevant experience in coordinating or managing projects involving evidence-based social behavior change/social marketing strategies required, preferably with an international NGO and a focus on multi-sectoral nutrition and food security.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Ability to implement project activities with a high degree of autonomy.
- Strong experience with planning, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Written and verbal fluency in English and Kinyarwanda area required. Professional proficiency in French a plus.
The SBC Advisor must be willing and able to travel to the field outside of Kigali up to 50% of the time
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: The Orora Wihaze Social Behavior Change Communication Officer, Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor and District Nutritionists.
External: The Orora Wihaze Deputy Chief of Party, other Orora Wihaze staff, The Manoff Group, Market System Associate, RICH, VIAMO, Urunana DC, Central and district government.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or any other socio-economic status.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document – via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org not later than Thursday January 27, 2022, at 5:00pm.
Please, include below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Also include your full names and title “SBC Integration Advisor” in the subject line. Due to anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali. January 20, 2022
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.