Social Behavior Change (SBC) Officer at Catholic Relief Service (CRS): (Deadline 25 November 2021)
Job Title: Social Behavior Change (SBC) Officer
Department: Programs (Orora Wihaze)
Reports To: Orora Wihaze Social Behavior Change Integration Advisor
Country/Location: Rwanda (Kigali)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, nutrition, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
Catholic Relief Services has been present in Rwanda since 1960, and currently implements projects in nutrition, WASH, agriculture, youth entrepreneurship, and peacebuilding. The Country Program has over 40 staff and implements its projects through local and international partners, with strong coordination/collaboration with Government of Rwanda structures.
The USAID/Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity is a 5-year project led by Land O’Lakes Venture 37 to sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal source foods through development of a profitable market. CRS manages Objective 2 of the project, which is to increase demand for Animal Source Food (ASF) consumption for women of reproductive age and children ages 6 to 23 months, as well as the gender and social inclusion components across both supply and demand objectives.
The Social Behavior Change (SBC) Officer will support the implementation of Orora Wihaze SBC strategy along with the communications that supports SBC. S/he will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming leading to lasting Program impact. The SBCC Officer will work as part of Orora Wihaze’s core multi-disciplinary team and will support the project’s communications up to 20% LoE.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of Orora Wihaze SBC activities, in line with donor requirements, CRS program quality principles and standards, and good practices.
- Provide technical support in the production of project’s SBC and communications materials
- Provide SBC technical assistance and capacity strengthening to local partner organizations.
- Coordinate the implementation of SBC field activities and support documentation of learning.
- Collaborate with various actors, partners, and consortium members on SBC activities.
- In collaboration with technical team members, support with documenting the project’s successes and learning through success stories, factsheets, project’s briefs
- Ensure efficient use of project resources
- 3-5 years experience in SBC programming is highly required.
- Strong experience in adult learning management
- Experience engaging with partner organizations and government at both national and decentralized levels, participatory action planning, and community engagement experience in designing/producing a wide range of SBC and Communication materials
- Creative writing and report writing skills
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences using diverse media outlets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Sociology, psychology, marketing, communications, public health/nutrition with a specialization in behavioral science
- Minimum 3 years of progressive, relevant experience in coordinating or supporting SBC strategies required, preferably with an international NGO and a focus on multi-sectoral nutrition and food security
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Ability to implement project activities with a high degree of autonomy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Written and verbal fluency in English and Kinyarwanda area required. Professional proficiency in French a plus.
The SBCC Officer must be willing and able to travel to the field outside of Kigali up to 75% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: (CRS): CRS OW team and CRS Operations and Finance team
- Internal (OW): V37 core team, TMG, Urunana, etc
- External: RICH, VIAMO, central and District Government
**Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CRS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or any other socio-economic status.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document – via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org not later than Thursday November 25, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Please, include below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Also include your full names and title “SBC Officer” in the subject line. Due to anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali. November 11, 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.