Supply Chain Manager at Save the Children: (Deadline 5 November 2021)
Supply Chain Manager
About the Role:
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Supply Chain Manager responsible for the Supply Chain functions of Procurement, Warehousing and Distribution, Fleet Management and Asset Management for all goods and services used in the development and humanitarian programmes and is accountable for the development and delivery of supply chain strategy for Save the Children International program, and for increasing the impact of SCI’s program through effective and optimized supply chain models, which can deliver on needs in varying contexts across the Country Office, Field Office and Sub-offices.
The Supply Chain Manager will lead the development and implementation of supply chain plans, ensuring that fields have access to appropriate logistics tools that are fit to manage the demands of their supply chains. The post holder will also be responsible for the overall management and implementation of effective procurement, fleet, warehousing, and asset management practices for all the development and humanitarian responses in-country in compliance with SCI’s SOPs and Policies.
The supply chain manager will offer organizational and technical leadership to the supply chain team members through training, motivating, and directing the team to optimize supply chain productivity and promote professional growth.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant degree or masters in logistics, supply chain, procurement, or related field
- Supply Chain management with international experience or a minimum of 5 years experience in the sector
- Experience of working in emergencies, preferably in the relevant region.
- Experience in procurement, warehousing, stock control, and transport and distribution of goods.
- Vehicle fleet management experience.
- Experience of using HF & VHF radio systems, satellite phones, and communications procedures in an emergency setting
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to prioritize and cope with large amounts of work under pressure.
- The ability to work closely within a team, and work in an atmosphere that can be stressful.
- Knowledge of the context in Rwanda.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
The deadline for receiving applications is 5th November 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Date advertised: 21 Oct 2021
Closing date: 5 Nov 2021 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Department: Supply Chain
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.