5 Job Positions at Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum (RYAF) (Deadline: 24 December 2018 )
The Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum (RYAF) is a nationwide platform whose purpose is to
change the current perception among the youths vis-à-vis the agriculture sector in Rwanda, while
orienting them to seize investment opportunities through awareness creation, skills development,
and advocacy support services. The idea is to create a critical mass of change agents to influence
transformation of agricultural business landscape with courage, determination and positive attitude.
It is a platform of young entrepreneurs operating in any sub-sectors of agribusiness value chain
(crop and/or livestock production, agro-processing, inputs and other agro-services as well as ICT in
Agriculture). Officially launched in May 2016 with the aim to rejuvenate the sector here in Rwanda,
RYAF strive to change and challenge youth mindset vis-à-vis agribusiness opportunities for food
and nutritional security and sustainable job creation. The forum is officially legalized in the official
gazette number 50 of 11th December 2017.
Job Title: Coffee Master Trainers (5 Positions)
Under MoU signed between Reserves Forces and RYAF, RYAF is implementing Coffee e Farmer
Field School Project through providing and controlling qualified professionals to serve as Trainer of
Coffee FFS Facilitators equipped with knowledge on coffee and updated skills and techniques in
coffee production. It is in that order RYAF wish to recruit 5 Master trainers to help in training of
Qualification of a Coffee Master trainer
– Minimum education of Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related fields
– training experience or work experience in coffee field
– strong knowledge and hands on skills in coffee production in Rwanda
– Ability to work under pressure, live and travel in countryside and provide outstanding results
in limited time
– Interest in working with groups and ability to facilitate group process.
– Belief in the value of encouraging group sharing of problems and solutions.
– Open minded approach towards education
– Fluency in oral as well as written English and Kinyarwanda, fluent in French is an addition
– Good oratory skills
– Good teamwork and leadership skills.
Reporting to the RYAF Coffee Project Manager, the Master Trainer will be responsible to:
● Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills related to Coffee,
● Plan, organize and Conduct Trainings for coffee FFS facilitators, support and provide the
necessary and updated Coffee GAPs to the Coffee FFS facilitators.
● Conduct Handholding sessions for coffee FFS facilitators and farmers whenever required.
● Content Writing which includes Training Manuals, or hand holding documents.
● Identify the gaps in training cycle and assess the required technics in trainings and include
them in updated manuals
● Built cultural competency with coffee FFS facilitators and establish a long-standing
relationship in facilitators and farmers.
● Manage a training budget plus travel and curriculum expenses
● Be a mentor of FFS facilitators and monitor, evaluate and coordinate all coffee trainings
carried out in His/Her assigned region.
● Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to
facilitate the development of effective coffee GAPs and technology transfer and adoption by
● Sensitize CWS to facilitate Coffee farmers by availing the agricultural tools to accessible
● Enhance the capacity of cooperatives and CWS to support Coffee e farmers.
● Submit the weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and incidental report to Coffee program
manager on the progress activities of Coffee FFS Facilitator training in the assigned region
including the list of FFS facilitator trained (full identification) hard and soft copy,
implementation process of FFS in his/her assigned region etc.
● Be a focal person of RYAF in Coffee sector in the area of assignment.
● Perform other tasks assigned by RYAF competent authority.
● Improvement of agriculture practices in Coffee farms, leading to improved Coffee quality
● Development of farmers’ capacity to define their own agenda, book keeping and follow up
● Stimulation of farmers to become facilitators of activities and learning processes.
● Increased responsiveness to farmers-client demands and needs by organizations in national and
Application procedures to
The following are the key guidelines to apply for the above RYAF job offer:
1. Letter of application addressed to the RYAF Chairman,
2. Curriculum Vitae of not more than 2 pages with at least 3 professional references,
3. National ID,
4. Latest employment completion certificate,
5. Degrees and certificates copies,
6. Hard copies must be submitted at RYAF Head Offices located in at MINAGRI
Building/Kacyiru, not later than December 24th, 2018 at 5pm. Shortlisted candidates will be
contacted for the next stage of selection processes.
Jean Baptiste Hategekimana
Rwanda Youth in Agribusiness Forum
Kacyiru, KG 569 St