Yale Drama Series 2023 Playwriting Competition: (Deadline 15 August 2022)
Applications are open for Yale Drama Series 2022 Playwriting Competition. The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for its 2023 playwriting competition. The winning play will be selected by the series’ current judge, Paula Vogel.
- Yale Drama Series 2022 Playwriting Competition has the following prizes:
- The winner of this annual competition will be awarded the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000, publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press, and a staged reading or virtual performance.
- The prize and publication are contingent on the playwright’s agreeing to the terms of the publishing agreement.
- Also, a celebratory event
- There is no entry fee
Rules and Regulations
- This contest is restricted to plays written in the English language.
- Worldwide submissions are accepted.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays, with a minimum of 65 pages.
- Also, Plays with less than 65 pages will not be considered. Translations, musicals, and children’s plays are not accepted.
- The Yale Drama Series is intended to support emerging playwrights.
- Playwrights may win the competition only once.
- Playwrights may submit only one manuscript per year.
- Only manuscripts authored by one playwright are eligible.
- Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible.
- In addition, Plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- Plays must be typed/word-processed and page-numbered.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
- Moreover, the Yale Drama Series reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
- The Yale Drama Series Competition strongly urges electronic submission.
- By electronically submitting your script, you will receive immediate confirmation of your successful submission and the ability to check the status of your entry.
- If you are submitting your play electronically, please omit your name and contact information from your manuscript and submission file name.
- The manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play’s title, a 2-3 sentence keynote description of the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes.
- Please enter the title of your play, your name and contact information (including address, phone number, and email address), and a brief biography where indicated in the electronic submission form.
- If you would like to submit an electronic copy of your manuscript please go to: https://yup.submittable.com/submit.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.