Fully Funded Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships 2022, The UK: (Deadline 17 February 2022)
Applications for the 2022 Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships for applicants from Low and Middle-Income countries are now open. These scholarships are funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office – FCDO. The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships aim to enable talented and motivated individuals to gain knowledge and skills. Those Skills are required for sustainable development and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Applicants must be graduates who are nationals of one of the eligible countries, who are undertaking a Ph.D. program at their home University and are interested in spending a 12-month period of study at any approved UK university or higher education in the UK. The scholarships aim to widen access to UK equipment and expertise for high-quality doctoral candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries. Scholarships will also contribute to UK and Commonwealth higher education and research through collaboration and partnerships.
Applicants must be High-quality graduates withs a clear research proposal with a developmental focus and who have the potential to become influential teachers or researchers in their home countries. This program rotates around the following themes
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Benefits from Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
The Scholarship program offers the following benefits
- Selected applicants will receive a monthly stipend worth £1,133 or £1,390 for those at universities in the London metropolitan area, to cover their daily living expenses.
- The program will offer you coverage for airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- You will receive coverage for tuition fees for your selected program at your selected university
- Selected applicants will receive a Warm clothing allowance upon their arrival in the UK.
- You will also receive a Study travel grant to cover costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
Eligibility Required for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
To apply for this scholarship program, you must meet the following conditions.
- Scholarships are open for citizens of an eligible commonwealth country or those who are in refugee status.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of an eligible Commonwealth country
- To be selected, you must be undertaking or planning to undertake a Ph.D. program at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country by September 2021.
- Candidates must possess a first degree (Bachelor’s)of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard
- Applicants who possess second-class degrees and relevant postgraduate qualifications (Master’s).
- You must be facing financial constraints and prove that you are unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Your home university and your proposed UK university must have established institutional or departmental link
Application Details of Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships
Applicants must first apply for a study stay at their preferred UK university which has a part funding agreement with the CSC. Stays are usually for a period of 12 months. Please see a full list of participating Universities here
After identifying and applying to your preferred University, you must then complete and submit your application. To complete your application, you must submit the following documents
- Firstly, Submit full transcripts of records for all your higher education qualifications
- In case your academic transcripts are not in English, submit their official translations
- Submit a copy of your valid passport or national ID card. This must show your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship or if applicable, refugee status
- Request and submit a supporting statement from your supervisor at your home country university. The statement must clearly indicate the institutional link between your university and the proposed UK university
- You must also request a recommendation from at least one other individual who will submit a reference letter on your behalf directly via the online application system.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.