Health Information Systems & Data Management Specialist at Ministry of health: (Deadline 23 September 2021)
Health Information Systems & Data Management Specialist
1.Participate in strategic and operational planning of health information systems in health sector.
• Participate in design, update of the Rwanda Health Information System (RHIS) features
• Foster innovation, planning projects, and resource mobilization activities.
2. Contribute to the continuous deployment of health information system across the country and ensure availability of quality data and information for use.
• Plan and provide end-user services, including training, help desk and technical support services.
• Ensure the RHIS is deployed and correctly used across all health care system levels, including the private sectors and community;
• Ensure availability of quality and timely data, and provide the capacity to the Districts M&E teams to collect, analyze and use their own health data
• Jointly with M&E unit and other MOH and RBC divisions and units, conduct regular data cleaning and data validation activities
• Jointly with M&E unit and other MOH and RBC divisions and units, prepare and submit the periodic statistical booklet
• Participate in the development and implementation of Health sector information management tools, standards, guidelines and data management instruments;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of integrated supervision and other services assessments
Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics;Law;Applied Mathematics;Data Sciences;
Master’s Degree in Statistics
Master’s Degree in Applied Mathematics
Master in Applied Mathematics
Master’s Degree in Data Sciences
Bachelor’s Degree in Data Sciences
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health
Master’s Degree in Public Health
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology;
Master’s degree in Epidemiology
master’s degree in biostatistics
Master’s Degree in Field Epidemiology & Laboratory Training Program (FELTP)
Master’s Degree in Health Informatics
Competency and Key Technical Skills
Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
Commitment to continuous learning
Familiar with statistical software, possess good data entry and work processing skills
Ability to present statistical results and conclusions effectively in appropriate tabular, graphic and written forms
Resource management skills
– Analytical skills
Problem solving skills
Decision making skills
Time management skills
Risk management skills
Digital literacy skills
Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage
Technical skills in the design and use of health Information systems platforms for data use and reporting