Sector Strategic Planning specialist at Ministry of health: (Deadline 23 September 2021)
Sector Strategic Planning specialist
1. Ensure the planning process and assuring participation and maximization of inputs from all units
• Set Health Sector priorities
• Coordinate the development of the Health Sector strategies, plans and budget
• Development of planning tools and other relevant planning documents for planning use)
• Define priorities and produce Sector action plan
• Assist the Development Partners to align with the national health priorities
• Follow-up of the implementation of action plan and budget execution
• Provide programmatic tool to assess the implementation of action plans and budget execution of different stakeholders for the follow up of their performance
• Ensure the implementation of programs and projects are in compliance with local laws and procedures
• Participate in sustainable business planning and result oriented performance by MOH and all implementing agencies.
• Ensure the integration of sector policies and strategies in the District Development strategies and Plans and provide support to Local Government in areas of health planning and Budgeting
• Contribute to all other activities of the MOH according to the needs.
2. Implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities
• Participate in the Design an operational framework for monitoring program activities.
• Promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts.
• Participate in the preparation of the progress reports for the Management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and providing specific recommendations.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in the management meeting and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action.
• Undertake regular visits to the fields to support implementation of monitoring and evaluation, check the quality of data produced, and to identify where adaptations might be needed; monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations with Program
• Foster participatory planning and monitoring; organize and provide refresher training in, planning, monitoring and evaluation for programs and implementing units, local government officials and other stakeholders with a view of developing sector monitoring and evaluation capacity.
• Identify the need and develop the TORs for specific monitoring and evaluation activities and baseline survey.
3. Monitor the Performance central and decentralized entities in the Health sector
• Propose Health Sector Performance Indicator
• Monitor the implementation of the Approved Health Sector Performances
4. Faster the Institutional Relation of MOH and others partners
• Review and integrate inputs from the planning consultation meeting with MINECOFIN and other stakeholders
• Conduct a consultation meeting with all stakeholders (districts, private sector, health professional bodies & associations, civil society, etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy
Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management
Master’s Degree in Public Policy
Master’s Degree in Project Management
Bachelor’s Degree in Management
Masters in Management
Masters in Business Administration
Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies
Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics
Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation
Master’s Degree in Economics
Master’s Degree in Development Studies
Master’s Degree in Statistics
Master’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health
Master’s Degree in Public Health
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
Master’s Degree in Finance
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine
Master’s Degree in Medicine
Master’s Degree in Global Health
Master’s Degree in Health Economics
Competency and Key Technical Skills
Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
Commitment to continuous learning
Knowledge of National Planning, budgeting and reporting framework, tools and systems
Strategic planning and decision-making capabilities
Knowledge of policy formulation and analysis
Knowledge of planning, strategy and policy formulation
Knowledge in application of results-based management
Knowledge of research, data analysis and reporting
Resource management skills
– Analytical skills
Problem solving skills
Decision making skills
Time management skills
Risk management skills
Digital literacy skills
Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage
Knowledge of programs and project planning monitoring & evaluation
Knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan Health system